You’ve started your silk accessory collection; great! But now you might be wondering how to care for and store your beautiful new pieces. Let’s discuss ways to organize silk scarves, care and travel tips, and our ultimate do’s and don’ts when it comes to silk accessory storage!
How To Organize Scarves
1. If you have drawer space, one way to store your scarves is in a divided bra organizer. Yes, you read that right! Oftentimes thinking out of the box works best when it comes to selecting the best organizing products for your needs. With a bra organizer like the one pictured below, you can separate each scarf in a neat fold and see them all at once. Plus, they’ll stay dust-free!
2. Another technique you can implement for drawer storage is to roll your scarves into an accessory organizer. This way, you will roll each scarf individually and stand them upright instead of folding. We recommend using The Container Store Cambridge Organizer to store your scarves this way.
3. Lastly, if you don’t have much drawer space, you can store your scarves on a pant hanger! Be sure to fold them wide enough so they stay on the hanger well. If you’re an out of sight out of mind kind of person and prefer to see most of your things so you don’t forget about them, this might be the best option for you!
How To Organize Small Accessories
- If you are looking for an elevated way to store your twillies and other small silk accessories like scrunchies, the Luxe Acrylic Drawer Organizer is perfect for you! You can admire your minis and let them shine by storing them in these clear drawers.
2. The second option we recommend is hanging them on this velvet tie + scarf organizer. Hanging your twillies this way is best if you are tight on space but still want to appreciate the beauty of your accessories.
3. Silk headbands - Stocking up on all your favorite headbands? Store them on a velvet headband organizer. This size fits the CB Grey headbands perfectly, and we love the neutral color!
How To Care / Travel Tips
- Silk accessories are easy to take care of with our simple tips:
- Scrunchies - place in a breathable fabric bag and toss in the washer
- Scarves + Shawls - we recommend dry cleaning only; however, you can steam them if they get wrinkles from hanging. See all the Care Tips from CB Grey.
- When traveling with your silk accessories, place them in a breathable fabric bag to keep them separated and protected from everything else in your luggage.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Use breathable fabric bags for washing scrunchies and traveling with silk accessories
- Store in a cool, dry, dark place like a closet or drawer
- Steam to get wrinkles out before wearing
- Use plastic bags that trap moisture in
- Use wire hangers to hang in your closet - they’ll slip right off!
- Don’t iron to get wrinkles out; the silk material is too fragile
Shop all the CB Grey pieces you see above NOW!
In Atlanta or Charlotte? Book your consultation with Simply Dare!